Claiming your PauseNFT trophy
Here are the instructions for claiming your Pause Award NFT through the MetaMask cryptocurrency Wallet application.
Creating a MetaMask Wallet
When engaging with the wide world of the Metaverse, your wallet is your anonymous, decentralised identity. Your wallet contains not only a way to identify yourself across Web3 websites and interfaces, but it is also a store of any digital assets and currency that you own.
MetaMask is one of many different software solutions that provides an easy gateway to owning and accessing your wallet. Your wallet is not unique to MetaMask and can also be accessed simultaneously through any other similar application using your wallet’s private key.
Installing MetaMask on Chrome
MetaMask has both a Chrome add-on and an iOS and Android mobile application that can be used to access your wallet and guide you through creating your first wallet.
- On a Chrome browser, go to MetaMask.io and click the Download button on the home screen.
- Click on the Chrome button and then click on Install MetaMask for Chrome. This will open up the install page for MetaMask on the Chrome web store.
- Click the Add to Chrome button to the right of the screen and click on Add Extension on the prompt that shows up to download and install the MetaMask add-on. This might take a short moment to complete.
- Once the extension is installed, it will open a tab welcoming you to MetaMask. Click the Get Started button to begin creating your wallet on MetaMask.
Creating your wallet on MetaMask
Your wallet is your identity and store of assets across the Metaverse. MetaMask and other wallet applications do not store your wallet information outside of your computer, which means the security and portability of your wallet depend entirely on you.
- After progressing through the MetaMask welcome screen, click on Create a Wallet on the following screen.
- Accept or deny the usage data collection request as you see fit.
This password is used to access the wallet you will create later. It will not allow access to your wallet outside of your current browser. Watch the short video and read the sidebar to understand more about secret recovery phrases. Click Next.
Your secret recovery phrase is your master key to your wallet. It must be stored in a secure and accessible location to ensure that no one else can access your wallet (and your identity and assets) and that you can use it to import it where you need it or retrieve it if you lose your access.
- Click on the box that says Click Here to Reveal Secret Words to see your secret recovery phrase. Copy down the words revealed in the box in the order shown and save them somewhere secure. Click Next when you have correctly saved your secret recovery phrase.
- Confirm your phrase by selecting each word in your secret recovery phrase as shown on the screen in the order you saved them. Once complete, click the Confirm button.
- Read the tips provided on safely storing your secret recovery phrase and click All Done when ready. You will then be on your main wallet screen.
Receiving your Pause Award NFT
Alongside your physical Pause Award, we are experimenting with the growing Metaverse by providing our winners with a limited NFT of their award this year. This digital asset can be sold or transferred as you wish.
- Once your wallet has been created with MetaMask, you will now have access to an initial account. Your MetaMask wallet can contain multiple different accounts, and each of these has its own ID and assets. If you are not on this screen, you can also click on the add-on button on the right of your Chrome toolbar and click on the MetaMask extension.
- At the top of the screen, you will see the default name of your first account, which will be Account 1. Click on this account to copy its address to your clipboard.
- Open up your email client and draft a new email to email@example.com. Put in your name, request to have your NFT Pause Award sent to you and paste the account address you copied in the previous step.
Your address should have the format of 0x followed by a combination of 40 numbers and letters.
- Your NFT will be transferred to the address you provided, and you will receive a confirmation when it’s been completed.
- You can view your NFT on a Web3 gallery website such as OpenSea.io. When you go to that website, you can log in to your account by using MetaMask and providing your password to the add-on (not your secret recovery phrase).
- Your NFT can be found on your account homepage on OpenSea and might initially be found within the Hidden tab. Through OpenSea, you can freely list your NFT on the open marketplace or transfer it without cost to any other account. You have complete ownership of this digital asset, much like the physical copy.
I Wish I'd Done That
Do You Know Who I Am
Women In Business
I Wish I'd Done That
Only for the most ambitious™